Is your Government Fleet Compliant?
President Obama signed Executive Order 13693 into law with the goal of reducing greenhouse gases and increasing efficiency. As part of this Order; any agency with a fleet of at least 20 vehicles must:
- Limit “unnecessary or non-essential vehicles from the agency’s fleet inventory”
- Reduce “fleet-wide per-mile greenhouse gas emissions”
- Acquire “fleet operational data through deployment of vehicle telematics at a vehicle asset level”
- Ensure “agency annual asset-level fleet data is properly and accurately accounted for”
- Planning “zero emission vehicles or plug-in hybrid vehicles and opportunities”
(Executive Order 13693 Planning for Federal Sustainability in the Next Decade)