Bell 202 Modem Bookend over Cellular
Provides for Bell 202 standard wireline modem replacement capabilities over Cellular. This simple solution requires two data plans, two SIM chips and two Cellular appliances. Simply configured, a device goes at either end of a circuit creating a mobile to mobile connection. The result permits traditional Serial data communications to be transmitted over a Cellular appliance. This is a good solution where a customer has stranded investments in legacy hardware and is looking for an alternative to wireline connectivity. As with most DataRemote products, this solution may be configured as either a primary with failover to another carrier. The dual carrier capability creates another pathway for mission critical communications.
Features and Benefits
- Interfaces legacy equipment to minimize stranded investments for telemetry users.
- Supports multiple protocols used in various SCADA, Command and Control functions, telemetry and other services requiring 2 or 4 wire connectivity.
- Drop in replacement to substitute Cellular for wireline providing options for wireline product sunset plans.
- Dual carrier options provide additional failover capability
Available in multiple configurations including:
- Tray (rack) mounting
- NEMA enclosures
- Traditional cabinet housing
- Standby battery power pack