AT&T has been selected by the First Responder Network Authority (FirstNet) to build and manage the first broadband network dedicated to America’s police, firefighters and emergency medical services (EMS).
This is a much-needed investment in America’s communications infrastructure to support millions of first responders and public safety personnel nationwide who protect and serve more than 320 million people across the U.S. This significant public-private infrastructure investment is expected to create 10,000 U.S. jobs over the next two years from AT&T’s work for FirstNet.
DataRemote carries the CalAmp Fusion with Band 14 capability for FirstNet.
In addition to creating a nationwide seamless, IP-based, high-speed mobile communications network that will give first responders priority access, the network will help:
• Improve rescue and recovery operations to help keep first responders out of harm’s way
• Better connect first responders to the critical information they need in an emergency
• Further the development of public safety focused IoT and Smart City solutions such as providing near real-time information on traffic conditions to determine the fastest route to an emergency
• Enable advanced capabilities, like wearable sensors and cameras for police and firefighters, and camera-equipped drones and robots that can deliver near real-time images of events, such as fires, floods or crimes
Randall Stephenson, AT&T chairman and CEO, said, “We are honored to work with FirstNet to build a network for America’s police, firefighters and EMS that is second to none. This is an unprecedented public-private investment in infrastructure that makes America a leader and public safety a national priority.”
Originally published: http://about.att.com/story/firstnet_selects_att_to_build_network_supporting_first_responders.html
WBC Fleet now supports CalAmp’s Instant Crash Notification™ (ICN) System.
The ICN system fully automates the accident notification process by providing users with rapid and reliable notification that an accident has occurred. This innovative service provides an advanced, reliable, ready to deploy, after market crash solution suited for a broad range of fleet applications. As soon as a crash event is detected, key details are delivered to an authorized list of recipients providing: Precise Location, Date & Time Stamp, Vehicle Identification Number , Telematics Device Unique Identifier.
Fleet managers, law enforcement and insurance providers will have the ability to recreate the accident event using historical data gathered on WBC Fleet.
ICN Compatible Devices:
CalAmp LMU-2630, CalAmp LMU-2730, CalAmp LMU-3030, CalAmp LMU-4200, CalAmp LMU-4520, and CalAmp TTU-2830
Independent Testing of ICN Using the International Insurance Industry Crash Standard Validates System’s Automatic Crash Reporting Performance and Reliability.See the Report HERE
DataRemote and WBC Fleet offer tracking solutions for all your Government and Private Fleet needs.
President Obama signed Executive Order 13693 into law with the goal of reducing greenhouse gases and increasing efficiency. As part of this Order; any agency with a fleet of at least 20 vehicles must:
- Limit “unnecessary or non-essential vehicles from the agency’s fleet inventory”
- Reduce “fleet-wide per-mile greenhouse gas emissions”
- Acquire “fleet operational data through deployment of vehicle telematics at a vehicle asset level”
- Ensure “agency annual asset-level fleet data is properly and accurately accounted for”
- Planning “zero emission vehicles or plug-in hybrid vehicles and opportunities”
(Executive Order 13693 Planning for Federal Sustainability in the Next Decade)
DataRemote,Inc. has partnered with WBC Fleet for all your GPS tracking and Fleet Diagnostic needs.
WBC Fleet offers a portfolio of GPS-based tracking solutions giving vital information to operational staff, remote workers, and fleet vehicles. We reduce your business costs, increase your profits, and can help keep you in regulatory compliance for upcoming Electronic Driver Log Regulations.
Get valuable insight into you assets and workforce giving you the power to make critical business decisions with actionable real-time and historical data. WBC Fleet maximizes your operational efficiency by reducing impactful metrics like, off-hours driving, payroll and paid overtime, idle time, and much much more.
Visit: WBCFLEET.COM or email: firstname.lastname@example.org to get started today!